Saturday, October 18, 2008

Razor Clammin'

Friday evening, Jeff, Carmen, and I hopped in the subaru, and drove to Aberdeen to rendevouz with some of my work friends and go razor clam digging. I've always wanted to try it! We followed Becca and her husband Chris out to Ocean City near Ocean Shores. We probably drove a half mile on the beach before reaching their favorite spot. The low tied was after dark, so we were clammin' by head lamp. We all got our limits (15 clams) pretty quickly. Carmen had fun, but was a little unsure about the whole thing. All the people digging clams by headlamp looked like a city in the distance. It was a pretty cool experience!

Becca posing with a clam gun.

Jeff was ready to go get some razors!

Carmen observing the whole thing...


Four of my clams. I will admit that processing them in the morning was kinda uncomfortable for me. They wiggle and move while you process them. I sort of thought about going Vegan for a moment. I froze them and once Eric gets back we'll cook em up. I should be over it by then.

1 comment:

Myles-Era Family said...

ohhhh, they look like a little family.. :( not that I am guilt tripping you or anything...a'hem! Did you eat them?