Saturday, September 22, 2012

Summer SUP Adventures

This summer was full of many Stand Up Paddle (SUP) adventures for Eric and me around the Sound, especially since we had amazing weather and I have a lot more time since I no longer bike race.   I'm posting a few pictures here, but many of our adventrues are posted in Eric's new SUP blog (see the link in our blog links list).  Eric also started teaching SUP to folks in the local area. 

We had many sunset paddles - usually after work.

We got lucky one evening and were able to ride some great wind waves by Priest Point Park.

My longest paddle was around Squaxin Island from Boston Harbor: 15 miles and approximately 4 hours of paddling.

Bull kelp forest near the southern end of Squaxin Island where the current gets moving.

One of our favorite paddles is a 1-hr round trip from Swantown north to a boat called "Tarry Not".

Here I am learning to turn my board quickly by getting way back on it.

Eric's family, Mom (Vickie) and I went in a board for him for an early 40th birthday present.  He got the Laird - Bark 14 ft board.  He loves it!


Just some of the amazing widlife we see...

 Some low tide treats...

Right after jumping off my board into the sound.  In the summer Budd Inlet gets pretty warm.

August had a blue moon, so we did a night paddle to commemorate it.

No comments: